It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:19 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Indmar Engine Failing on AXIS!!! (Cats and CPU)
PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 5:31 pm 
Axis Owner

Is anyone else having problem with Indmar and their engine?

I have a 2009 A22 with 86 hours on it...

So far, my Catalytic converters burnt out on the first time taking it out this summer. It took 3 weeks for the warranty work to be completed, and then once the new manifolds were sent, now the computer that controls the fuel injectors is not working.

Indmar has been very unhelpful in expediting any of the warranty work, so my boat has now been in the shop for 4 weeks, and going on 5 weeks.

Anyone else having trouble with their Cats, and if so, any trouble with Indmar.

This is a huge defect to me. I have not been able to use my Axis all summer due to warranty work.

Just beware I guess...and anyone have any thoughts for help?

Post subject: Re: Indmar Engine Failing on AXIS!!! (Cats and CPU)
PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 8:19 pm 

I hate to hear that about your boat nothing sucks worse than to hurry up and wait! However i drive my boat like i stole it and with lots of weight. My boat had 14 hours on it when i got it in the fall of 09 by the time i winterized it it had 42 but last sumer i went from 42 hours to 301 hours but sometime around 170 hours the fuel pump went out that cost me a week. Since then it has been running strong im at 372 hours now and not slowing down.Your boat has a good engine i think that what you got is some bad luck rite now. hope it is clear sailling for you from hear out.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 6:17 pm 
Team Axis

DavidG918 wrote:
I hate to hear that about your boat nothing sucks worse than to hurry up and wait! However i drive my boat like i stole it and with lots of weight. My boat had 14 hours on it when i got it in the fall of 09 by the time i winterized it it had 42 but last sumer i went from 42 hours to 301 hours but sometime around 170 hours the fuel pump went out that cost me a week. Since then it has been running strong im at 372 hours now and not slowing down.Your boat has a good engine i think that what you got is some bad luck rite now. hope it is clear sailling for you from hear out.

My 2010, didnt come with CATS, but I wish it did for surfing...315 hours and no significant problems except the starter was replaced.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 6:41 pm 
Team Axis

How would cats help for surfing?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 7:08 pm 
Team Axis

fresh air. Co stinks and kills. Neighbor died on swim platform of a yamaha jet boat. Now my wife is super paranoid, unless we are on a boat with cats. FYI, you can't kill yourself in the garage with modern cars.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 5:59 am 
Team Axis

Never thought about that. Yamaha was prob 2 stroke though.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 6:22 am 
Team Axis

ban-ls1 wrote:
Never thought about that. Yamaha was prob 2 stroke though.

Correct, I had a Yamaha Exciter for 10 years. It had (2) 3 cylinder 2 stroke 1100cc engines, and they smoked like a freight train.

They were oil injected and the earlier models (pre 2002) did not have variable oil injectors so they injected as much oil at an idle as they did at full-throttle. So...at an idle they'd smoke so much you would think they were on fire.

But even with excessive smoke issue it was a great boat, easy to use, clean, store, and fast and nimble, I miss it.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:07 am 
Team Axis

Agreed the yamaha is a much more dangerous design, but try explaining that to the mother of a 3yo when there are big CO warning stickers on the AXIS transom and throttle. Our next boat will have to include CATs and a bigger motor :-)