It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:40 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Wetsounds WS-420 EQ
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:57 am 
Team Axis

I'm finally pulling the trigger on the ws-420 EQ for this upcoming season. For those that already have this, could u post pics of where u installed it. Was figuring on just putting it under the dash but was curious if anyone has mounted it into the dash w some fabricating. Thanks in advance.

Post subject: Re: Wetsounds WS-420 EQ
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:01 pm 
Team Axis

Was thinking of this too. Please post up about your install and pics along the way.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:49 am 
Axis Owner

I installed mine last year and had the same questions. My boat is in storage right now, when i get it out i will take some pictures. The best place i found to install was under the dash just below the radio. I made a bracket it support it that zip tied to the steering support and use 2 of the bottom bolts that mount the radio. It looks good and doesn't move at all!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:44 am 
Team Axis

^^^ essentially what I did.

BTW, if any of you guys need any wetsounds stuff, I've got a few dealers who will hook it up. PM me if interested.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:34 pm 
Team Axis

I just ordered the WS-420 from wet sounds. Can't wait to see some feed back and install advise.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:02 pm 
Team Axis

Did some digging around on our site...

Chattwake may recognize this one

And this one...thread has more pics and a few other mounting options

http://www.axiswakeboardboats.com/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=848

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:30 am 
Team Axis

There is a bar that runs laterally across most of the underneath of the dash. I had some parts left over from a wall mount for a plasma, which were basically long skinny U shaped brackets (about 8 inches long). On the side of ws420 closest to the center of the dash, I just bolted two of those brackets on either side of the bar (sort of sandwiched it between the brackets, and bolted that side of the ws420 to one of the holes in the lower bracket. I then used zip ties to hold up the eq on the other side (closest to the observer seat). I ran the zip ties to the studs sticking off of the back of the radio. The easiest thing to , if you don't have a bunch of brackets laying around, would be to go to ACE, but one long (like 2-3ft) skinny stainless steel flat bar that's about 1 inch wide. Something you can bend by hand. Cut it in half and drill two small holes in each end. Crawl under the dash, bolt it to the studs coming off of the back of the stereo, bend/twist it to where it will come down on either side of where you want to mount your eq. Mark where to cut with a sharpie. Remove the pieces, cut them to length, drill holes on the eq end. Grind the edges smooth, paint black, and mount it all up. For running the rca wires, I used a hole saw to cut a hole in the area where the front pnp bag lies in the carpeted wall that opens up behind the sub.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:49 am 
Team Axis

I cut a hole in my dash and mounted it under the radio. I will be moving it, as I hate it there. It gets bumped all of the time from ingress and egress, and the knobs get turned, screwing up the settings. I'll be moving mine to the right of the steering wheel, not certainly exactly where, yet, but it is awful where it is now.

Obviously, not everyone has this problem.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:35 am 
Team Axis

Mine is located on the right-hand side of the steering wheel, sort of like SteelAxis's 2nd pic but without the extra switches.

Monthed right to the bar under the helm. Not in the way at all and away from the heat on the stereo head unit.

18 Monterey 278SSC

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 6:33 am 
Team Axis

So I installed the WS420 last night and there is a light static noise. Any ideas of what it could be?