It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:44 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: That person that made our lives...
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:05 pm 
Team Axis

have alot of fun is now leaving malibu boats.

The man behind Axis Adam McCall and its reputable engineering moved on to another company called TennEra which is dealing with renewable energy.

Pretty cool. Hopefully one day he can desgin our Axis boats to have a cheaper operating cost!

Post subject: Re: That person that made our lives...
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:21 pm 
Team Axis

He will be missed!! Good luck to Adam.... So is there an opening for the VP position? And where do I apply? Lol those are some pretty big shoes to fill with what he's done in such a short amount of time.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 6:29 pm 
Team Axis

Glad somebody broke the ice on this. I had the pleasure of meeting Adam 2 weekends back at the nashville boat show. He is VERY intelligent and very passionate about Axis. He spoke with us briefly about his new endeavor and it is impressive as well. He said he will still remain a consultant for Axis to make sure the line still heads in the direction where it was intended. I asked almost every question I could think of regarding changes to the boats. I asked why toggle switches on the dash from relays? I complimented him on the 2013 tower and how it releases to lower. So far no major changes are in the future for Axis and he believes the shape of the boat will never change. He made me want to take a factory tour so bad I can't stand it. Hope everyone on here gets a chance to meet him sometime.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:57 pm 
Team Axis

@TNVandall-

Why did they go with toggles instead of rockers? I do not believe anyone has posted about that yet.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:54 am 
Team Axis

He stated that the reason why they changed to the toggle switches is because it is more in line with the Axis brand. With the rocker switches with the lights it was just something that wasn't as simple and something that could go out, such as the light not coming on as some of us have seen.

He explained that being more simple with less things that could go wrong has always been the vision of the line and this was just a change associated with it.

Also they thought they looked cleaner. Personally I liked the rocker switches for at night, but that's just me IMO.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:21 am 
Team Axis

WAIT a sec! The rockers are supposed to light up? Mine only light when switched to an on position, but the switch labels are all dark and impossible to find. Has that changed? Do the toggle work differently at night?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:51 am 
Team Axis

@morrisdl Sorry about that, yes they just light up in the "on" position. I just meant exiting the boat at night and easily being able to see that all the switches are off. I have no idea how the toggle switches work.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:49 pm 
Site Admin

Got to hang out with Adam at the Red Bull Wake Open. Great guy and has been in our industry for a long time. He had been a rider in our industry while working outside the industry. Glad he spent some time working on the Axis project and hope he does well in his new venture. Hate losing good people in our industry...

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:47 am 
Team Axis

I wanted to help provide some clarity regarding Adam's affiliation with Malibu/Axis. Yes, Adam, who is an entrepreneur at heart, has decided to take a position with a start up company in the Knoxville area. There is no doubt that Adam’s new endeavor will require him to allocate a significant amount of his time to non-boating matters. However, Adam is remaining affiliated with Malibu and Axis, albeit under a different title/position. He will continue to have meaningful input and provide direction relative to the Axis and Malibu lineups for years to come.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 6:25 am 
Axis Owner

Just picked up my 2013 A20 and just wanted to point out that the toggles do light up when turned on, they have a LED at the tip of the toggle. Looks very good