It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:10 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Axis/Malibu dragging their feet?
PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 2:09 pm 
Team Axis

I've been trying to get a spray date from my dealer for 6+ weeks now. I ordered on March 1 (10 weeks). I finally spoke to the owner of the marina where I ordered the boat from and they claim that the problem has been with Axis/Malibu. They stated they have had some issues with getting answers from Malibu, but it has been much worse with the Axis group. I'm not sure who to believe since the dealer was not returning my calls either initially.
Has anyone who ordered on or after March 1 taken delivery?

Thanks!

s

Post subject: Re: Axis/Malibu dragging their feet?
PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 5:48 pm 
Boater

Your dealer is likely correct. I am a dealer, and have had substantial delays in production this model year. Not that it is any consolation, but I still have a boat ordered in early February that has not been built yet.
Hang tough, it'll be a good summer.
Peter

peter@smoothwatersports.com
Facebook

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 7:26 pm 
Team Axis

Thank you very kindly for the reply Peter. February? That stinks. Doesn't give me much hope for a Memorial Day delivery. I'm sure it will work out. I'd rather them give me a firm date in October 2012 than keep me hanging...

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 7:30 pm 
Team Axis

I just got a message from the folks over at Malibu inquiring about my situation. I'm following up with them. I'm happy that at least they have responded and are trying to make this right. Hang tight, I'll update when I know more...

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 8:05 am 
Team Axis

Pure speculation on my part, as I've been going through a little of this, too. I think Malibu is just overwhelmed with demand they can't meet right now. I live in Knoxville, and my dealer is only a few miles away from the plant, so he has a very good relationship with them, and stops in almost every day. I've known my dealer for a couple of years now, as our kids take gymnastics at the same time. We've BS'd about boats a bit, long before I thought I'd be buying a new one. So there was no reason to mislead me at all. But, he has indicated that they are overwhelmed.

When I started talking to him about one, he indicated that it was normally 6-8 weeks. When I placed my order, right around the same time as you did (i.e. first week of March) the spray date was 3 months out. Then it got pushed back from the first part of June until the last part of June. Not long after that, there was a post on here about them being sold out for the year, and not taking any more orders.

So all of that boxes with their inability to meet demand, and the assertion that they have cut off orders. As a customer, I never want to feel like I'm "lucky" to be getting a product. But that seems to be where things are right now. But honestly, I'd rather the company be unresponsive that rude and arrogant (which seems to be modus operandi for Apple).

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 8:08 am 
Team Axis

Thanks for the further insight. I just spoke to my dealer who said it has been sprayed, just no delivery date. He has 5 other boats at Malibu/Axis in the same state. It does seem they are a bit overwhelmed with this season's ordering. I should think it simply caught them off gaurd and this situation does not happen every year.
I'll let you know how this goes today...

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 5:23 pm 
Team Axis

Update on my end. I got a direct message last night from Malibu via twitter that they'd contact the dealer and follow up with me, but that didn't happen.
My dealer said he's in everyone's ear "all the way up" to the CEO.

The boat is not even sprayed yet. Giving a late June delivery date.

The north east riding season is super short as it is already, now even shorter.

16 weeks from order to delivery up from a 6-8 week original build window. I may have taken the Mastercraft X-15 I was offered at the time :(

Still trying to stay optimistic on this. Apparently I am not the only one. My dealer has 5 boats that are in the same situation. He says many other dealers facing the same thing. I hope they make this right.