It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:06 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Diagnose my problem!
PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2016 6:57 pm 
Team Axis

The dealership is still struggling to fix my issue, so they asked me to video it. It may end up requiring a lake trip with a mechanic and a "diacom" system but I thought I'd try the videos first.

The first video is a good example of what brings the check engine light on. Ballast tanks half full, WOT, as it hits 5000-5500 RPM, the "service engine" starts flashing and the annoying beep starts. This is after surfing all day with zero problems (I think.) I can reset it by turning the battery off, do the exact same thing again and have the same issue. No codes are visible, but when the dealership hooks up to it, it shows a fuel pressure sensor code.

https://youtu.be/TveSCf3iLJk

The second video is something I just noticed, but which I suspect is related. At WOT the RPMs drop from 5500 to 4500, then climb back up repeatedly. I wonder if there is an issue with fuel getting to the issue. Previously it didn't seem to affect performance, it just turned an annoying light and beep on. But now it is affecting how the engine runs. This is all with new premium gas in it. 2015 T23 with a 409 at 7000 feet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Dx6kTN ... e=youtu.be

Now that I think about it, I see a fairly variable speed while surfing. For example, if I set it at 11.8 it might go from 10.9 to 12.0. I always attributed that to maxing out the engine's capabilities at that altitude, but I wonder if I've been having performance issues due to this for a while. That light never came on in the first 40 or 50 hours though, but has been consistently doing it for 110 now.

Post subject: Re: Diagnose my problem!
PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2016 8:24 pm 
Team Axis

My light came on earlier in the year a few times while planning out for surfing. Same thing as yours it would flash and beep. I disconnected the battery's for a few hours and it has been back since. Mine is a 16 but also had this happen on my 12. Give it shot it might work for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2016 11:10 pm 
Team Axis

I've been doing that for 120 hours. It used to be intermittent and only under a heavy load. Now it is every time I go to high RPM even with the boat empty and also the RPM varies from 4500-5500 without me even touching the throttle. Here's a video I took today that is a bit more clear, showing both issues.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AU0y3BO2vwQ

Going to the shop tomorrow....again. Tech who saw the videos thought it might be a wedge sensor issue. Which is bizarre to me. Wedge is definitely up in all these videos.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2016 12:44 pm 
Team Axis

Dealership says after discussion with PCM that it is from hitting the maximum RPMs (they state 5400 for the 409, I thought it was 5600 but don't have the manual on me.) They're saying not only does the engine set off the alarm, but it also cuts the fuel to drop the RPMs. Anyone heard of that?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2016 1:20 pm 
Team Axis

Just like limp mode in a car/truck or semi, it's to protect the engine

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2016 12:34 pm 
Team Axis

So dumb question: why are you bouncing it off the rev limiter to begin with?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2016 2:44 pm 
Team Axis

Have the dealership test ride with you with a fuel pressure gauge hooked directly to the fuel rail. How old is your fuel filter?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk